We are making our way back to Wisconsin via Atlanta for the holidays. Already I’m observing things that I didn’t know I missed:
1) Squirrels. I was practically giddy to observe the squirrels in my sister’s backyard. There are no squirrels, chipmunks, or rabbits in Puerto Rico. I didn’t realize how much I missed these annoying, messy creatures.
2) Steaming hot showers. We have a solar powered water heater at home. So the water never gets very hot or very cold. I love me a too-hot shower.
3) Heavy blankets on a cold night. mmmmm…..snuggle….snuggle….
4) Smooth roads. Nobody knows potholes like Puerto Rican streets.
5) Understanding everything said around me.
Things I’m already missing about PR:
1) the warmth (duh)
2) speaking Spanish (I was saying ‘gracias’, ‘hola’ and ‘con permiso’ to the people in the Atlanta airport. They didn’t know spanish)
3) the blue blue skies
4) my neighbors
5) the fact that my skin and lips never got dried out