My high school Spanish teacher would’ve given me zero points if I put this on my homework. But today I heard it on the radio. It is a combination of the formal and informal.
Puerto Ricans drop their S’s. Buenos días becomes buen dia. Gracias is gracia.
So I never know to use the formal or informal when talking to people and taking their lead is of no help. So, sorry everyone, you are all informal to me. Haha
1) You don’t ask “May I have water”. You have to ask “would you give me water” me podrías dar agua. This one bugs me. I think they are two different questions.
2) Roller coasters are “Russian mountains” montaña rusa
3) upsidedown = mouth up boca arriba
4) DJs don’t play music. They put it on. “The DJs put on this song during swing dances” Los DJs (yes they just say DJ in English) ponían está canción durante los bailes de swing.
5) If you say, “My family went to the beach” it is not assumed that you went too! You have to say Mi familia y yo fuimos a la playa Which just sounds bad in my head. My family and I we went to the beach. Bleh.
6) Did I write this one before? You don’t get exercise. You make it. Totally makes sense! Estoy haciendo mucho ejercicio. I am making a lot of exercise. If we just ‘got’ exercise it would be a ton easier!